Education is both the means as well as the end to a better life.
GRAMIN VIKAS PARISHAD’s educational initiatives include
Management of Schools – From 1993 to present we are successfully running school in the village and tribal areas of Jashpur, Raigarh area. There are 76 teachers and 3150 students out of which 75% are from tribal.
1) GVP Public school Pathalgaon (1 to 12th) English and Hindi Medium
2) Adarsh Sharda Public School Phuleta (1 to 12th) Hindi Medium
3) GVP Public School Kapu (1 to 10th) Hindi Medium
4) GVP Public School School Phuleta (1 to 12th) Hindi Medium
5) GVP Public School Surangpani (1 to 5th) Hindi Medium
6) GVP Public School Chiknipani (1 to 8th) Hindi Medium
7) GVP Public School Sukhrapara (1 to 5th) Hindi Medium
8) GVP Computers Pathalagaon
It works for education for needy children who are under difficult circumstances, such as child labour, children of poorest of the parents, children inflicted and affected with HIV/AIDS, street and runaway children, children with rare disabilities, disaster struck children and slum children. Special emphasis is given on girl education and women education, so that they and their families get empowered.
More than 10,000 children have directly benefited from the Education programme.
2) Teachers Training – we are conducting capability building training program for resident teachers. The training includes maintaining books, profit and loss statement, results documents etc.
3) Awareness Campaign (Education) – Spreading the awareness of importance of education and helping children to get admission in schools. We have made targets to encourage more students and spread the awareness campaign to every corner of the region.
4) Computer Training program – The society has set up computer training centres in Pathalgaon and Raipur to train youths. We have made available various computer sets in our school to adopt the computer literacy.